Tuesday, December 20, 2011

12/20/12

In thinking about my blog this past week I realized that there are a TON of things that happened each day throughout history. My first post listed nearly 10 different events and barely scratched the surface. Moving forward I will be listing no more than 5 events for each day. For those of you interested in seeing what else happened I will provide links to different day in history sites.


Let's look at December 14...

1798 - David Wilkinson of Rhode Island patented the nut and bolt machine, and the screw, too!

1911 - After centuries of unsuccessful expeditions in search of the South Pole, Roald Amundsen and four companions made the discovery this day.

1953 - Sandy Koufax, age 19, was signed by the Brooklyn Dodgers.



1999 - U.S. and German negotiators agreed to establish a fund of $5.2 billion for Nazi-era slave and forced laborers.

No comments:

Post a Comment